New House Design Suggestion

Discuss all kinds of home design and building, residential remodeling, and related topics.

New House Design Suggestion

Postby Benjamin Fox » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:08 am

Hello! I'm Ben and I would like to ask about new house design. Well, I bought a lot that has a 200 sq meter at Enfield. Now, I'm planning to build a house at the said lot. Any suggestion about the latest design will be much appreciate.
Benjamin Fox

Re: New House Design Suggestion

Postby phansford » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:17 am

Ben,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase of your new property.

Since we Yanks do use the metric system, I am assuming you are located in Great Britain. Therefore, it would probably be best to locate an architect in your area that has experience designing not only houses, but working with the local government agencies.

If you want to do a little research on your own in the interim, I would suggest reading the "Not So Big House" by Sarah Susanka. I would hope its available in the UK. This is an excellent book to get you thinking about what you want in a house. It will definitely help you work with your architect.

There is a UK forum member (lekizz) - hopefully he/she will read your post and certainly could provide better guidance than this American architect. :wink:

You might send a PM to lekizz and discuss your project directly.
phansford
millennium club

Re: New House Design Suggestion

Postby april_luv » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:57 am

Your home should reflect your personality. You can hire an interior designer or decorator, but in the end it should be you and your family's character that should reflect in your home. Go along only with suggestions that is pleasing to you. Remember that a beautiful home is a home that is beautiful to it's owner.

aluminum fence l custom driveway gates
april_luv

Return to Residential Design and Building Forum