Arthur Erickson

Discuss architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design related-topics. Moderated by the ArchitectureWeek editorial and support team.

Postby djswan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:52 am

Wood is real. Your 3dh is just an opinion. and we know what opinions can take the form of, cause everyone's got one.

graph paper and a pencil, oh, I even have some of that fancy isometric graph paper too. That's even tougher to draw curves on. How do you use one of those fancy French curves?

Turn the power off and tell me about 3dh.

peg a timber.

Derek
djswan
millennium club

Postby SDR » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:14 pm

Sorry about boo-boo. There's so much that can be done without personal brute force, of course -- the work's just begun and you're way ahead of the pack in preparation for it.

There'll always be wood to use, I believe. No need to ignore it. Mixing that with pencils and computers, each in its place, will make a well-rounded and "whole" earth/man synthesis. Let the computer remain a tool, not a master. Let man's mind call the tune.

Or, move into orbit and go "virtual" behind a face mask and within a pressure suit, with plastic flamingos and space kibble and memories of forests and butterflies. . .

SDR
SDR
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:21 pm

"How do you use one of those fancy French curves? "

First I would hang them on the wall, make it a collection of fine old tools -- but not unless offcaurse I used them myself.
I prefere splines , both the computer generated ones and those made from special steel , the curves I need are all ellipsoide ones and in a program such as AutoCAD ,there last time I checked was 4 different formulars and 5 different way's to draw a curve ---- even ellipses now are the true math. ellipse and yes, there are a difference , so now we can continue to 3D , what I just answered was the 2D options.

I use a plotter for these, with that I plotted 6 meter unfolded panels full size , corrected for spline curve while my own unfolding applications follow the polymesh exactly, -- but what do that matter, when both corrosponding curves to meet is both spline fitted .
What realy surprises are when you know that two panels that meet edge to edge are two individual set of calculations , and when done, they meet exactly and form that 3D curve projected, that's realy nice when you tried it. When you realise that this 3D thing offcaurse work, that a complicated 3D volume realy follow the measures flattened into panels and spline fit each edge individualy ; when you check that the "foult" , the foult caused by the type of calculations done in a computer program, is less then one hundred of a millimeter. ---- would I use a manual old strait edge or curve edge no, why shuld I ; all calculations I could emagine, plus one to one drawings in perfect lines , why use something that is less than perfect.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby usarender » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:19 pm

Interesting discussion on "Organic Architecture" -->>

Organic Architecture

and, the

New Global Pyramid
Last edited by usarender on Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
usarender
millennium club

Postby SDR » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:01 pm

In the post above, Per is discussing a useful application for many. I think it's useless to keep harping on the obvious, when you know what the result will be. It takes two to have an unpleasant and repetitive thread.

SDR
SDR
millennium club

Postby usarender » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:36 pm

Project Liquid Universe.

The Power of Global Connectivity.

The Gateway to the Sky.

Project Star Scraper.

Magnetic Cancellation Theory.

The New Language of Architecture.

The Logistics of Architectural Thought.

The New Global Pyramid.

Organic Architecture at it's best.

The Silver Screen of Architecture

THE NEW SILVER SCREEN OF ARCHITECTURE - Main Link

(To view the forum postings, just click on the blue letters above).
Last edited by usarender on Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
usarender
millennium club

Postby djswan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:12 pm

I like all good advise. I was hoping to get some wisdom from the elders.

advise noted SDR and PC and even the Architect.

note to self 3dh is just another tool.

I almost let my guard down for this thread. still not sure who gives the good advise.

Wood never looks like what a computer thinks it looks like, I think it is because computers can't feel the wood. Please correct me when I'm wrong.

Rational thought is not the enemy of art. Spiritual Unionist have been waging war on rational thought since... Hmmmmmm Maybe the Pope should answer this, but I got a few questions for him too.

Full circle.

Chow on this thread. My boat dream stays with me.

Derek
djswan
millennium club

Postby usarender » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:46 pm

How about a new organic architecture?

A New Organic Architecture - Principles & Concepts

Or how about a new Global Pyramid?

The Global Pyramid
usarender
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:21 pm

"I think it is because computers can't feel the wood. Please correct me when I'm wrong. "

Don't be sure about that but that case the computer will just do what you asked it to do --- that could be the compute or decide the speed of the spindle compared the actural movement , there mashines only need to know one parameter to calculate the other , --- don't try compare with a hand held router ----- but what about the hand plane, the hand saw , -- would the carpenter "feel", when it was the sound that told how to sharpen the edge for harder woods, also is it your eyes or the buyers eyes that decide the design , or is it tradision so why blame the computer it help you do it with a feel you would newer master ; one day try a set of tree hand planes with a rough piece of wood , spend tree hours plane down a plank that will lift off the grains case you use the plane in the way you think is the right way to use a plane, when you learned push it thru the mashin plane and take my advise, don't try talk to that, maybe talk with the computer , but the mechanics used in carpenter shops for the past 100 years, do not expect any feel nessery about the woods there, only the feel about the mashin.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby usarender » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:15 pm

djswan wrote:Wood is real. Your 3dh is just an opinion. and we know what opinions can take the form of, cause everyone's got one.

graph paper and a pencil, oh, I even have some of that fancy isometric graph paper too. That's even tougher to draw curves on. How do you use one of those fancy French curves?

Turn the power off and tell me about 3dh.

peg a timber.

Derek

Hey, I like that one. The only thing, 3dh was simply not there and missed the boat. :lol: So Derek went back to peg a timber.
usarender
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:54 pm

"The Global Pyramid"

What a laugh , and this guy got you even you seen his fraud, his use of the edit button for fabricating fraud, his balooned Ego that can't produce one genuine piece not one painting, one big lie and you guy's deserve him . The type of lick up to the boss that is a no good except lies and cheat.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby usarender » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:17 pm

THE SILVER SCREEN GALLERY

What a joke

3DH

A system that does not stand up to scrutiny.

PC

An online joker.

Now the PC Parrot into action.

For those who wish to know, the truth about this PC, his system, his personality, and what he has done, please visit this topic -->>

The truth about 3DH and PC

(Just click on the link above to open a new window with the DC topic).
Last edited by usarender on Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
usarender
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:26 am

Exactly what I say, nothing but a big mouth. and bad behaviour newer an argument.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby usarender » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:19 pm

Exactly what I say, nothing but a big mouth. and his bad behavior is newer an argument.

Now the PC Parrot into action.

For those who wish to know, the truth about this PC, his system, his personality, and what he has done, please visit this topic -->>

The truth about 3DH and PC

(Just click on the link above to open a new window with the DC topic).
usarender
millennium club

Previous

Return to Architecture Forum