Intelligent Design

Discuss architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design related-topics. Moderated by the ArchitectureWeek editorial and support team.

Intelligent Design

Postby djswan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:25 pm

Did something designed everything?

Thank you

Derek
djswan
millennium club

Postby djswan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:28 pm

Oops in my hast to question the big guy, I made a typo. sorry for that. I haven't found the edit button yet.

Derek
djswan
millennium club

Begging the Question?

Postby usarender » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:55 pm

Are you beginning to beg the question? You should know very well yourself, given that you have some type of "god". It is obvious you have only the intention to arouse a fight on this matter. By the way, who is your "god"? It seems you are a "god" to yourself, in a sense, in disbelieving in any type of conceptual formulation of creative intelligence or superior intelligence, call it what you may. Certainly we as men in our humble frame cannot begin to understand elements which reach into infinite space and beyond into the everlasting mystery of the universe.

Now, if you wish to discuss this topic, there is plenty of space to show a connection to the world and to the architecture we create. It can be done in a scientific way, as has already been done. Including how pre existing thought produces energy/light and and this translates into matter. There is a connection thus to the human creative experience all along the way. Even Einstein in his meek human form believed in this connection.

Now, we can see it in the small and large wonders that speak for themselves and create in us an awe, a reverence, a greater understanding of the mystery of the ages, and how this spiritual connection can guide us into a union of soul and spirit into a common cause.

This common cause is everywhere. It be speaks of this greater cosmic intelligence and omni present form.

The wonders of our cosmos wrapped into the intelligent union of form, space and energy into a limited globe of celestial importance. This limited globe, transported through the universe at a calculated speed and orbit, displaces the energy around it, and is thus displaced, maintaining a perfect balance of rotation, of the energy in the seas, and their corresponding calculated equilibrium possible by the opposite and interacting forces of the sun and moon. Without these calculated forces, our ocean would at times invade our land, or pull back to the depths, creating an uninhabitable planet. Our orbit in it's angle, if not so carefully calculated, would not sustain life on earth. Our seasons, carefully calculated, the position of the sun at day and moon at night, the constellations in all their mystery and wonder.

- The preceding knowledge of history.
- The wisdom of the ages.
- The everlasting connection between mind and matter.
- The omni present force of sustenance.

From "probable future" -->>

"It has been recently estimated by neurophysiologists that if mankind were to use all of its recent knowledge and resources to build a utopian computer that would try to somehow replicate the feats of the human mind, that computer would need to be at the very least the size of our planet, and - even then - nobody would know how to program it."

The human body, in it's complexity, more complex then any computer we can dare to create, more complex then any electrical system we can compose, more intelligent then we can imagine or dare to use. It, the example and presence of an intelligence greater then we care to imagine.

It being the bearer and cup to hold the eternal mystery, when so prepared, can speak not of itself but of the greater presence that sustains it.

- The philosophy behind all philosophy.

- The intelligence before all intelligence.

- The intent behind all pre existing action, the form before all meaning.

- The function behind the form.

- The humanizing force of creative intelligent design.

- Form and function united into an integrated design more perfect then we could ever imagine.

Form follows function yes, but in a carefully planned linear process.
Last edited by usarender on Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
usarender
millennium club

Postby Antisthenes » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:37 am

hooey
Antisthenes

Postby P.C. » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:30 pm

"A reactionary simplistic view of a much greater process of architectural thought. "

Exacly ,as we might think we know both form and function , but both must be seen in a greater perspective, future.
P.C.
millennium club

future form and function

Postby usarender » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:46 pm

Yes, when thinking of form and function, we must think of future functions and the forms of the future as well, if our architecture is to maintain a relevance for future generations.
usarender
millennium club

Postby The Architect » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:36 am

djswan

Did something designed everything?

Oops in my hast to question the big guy, I made a typo. sorry for that. I haven't found the edit button yet.

Irrelevant.

Take care...
The Architect

Postby djswan » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:05 pm

Well Howdy again. Thanks for the replies, sincerly. Lots of good info in each post.

Yep, the big question. I'll tell you where I sit before I stand. I like to hang around with the Libertarian agnostic crowd, if you know what I mean.

I do like the it's irrelevant answer. I have to agree. But for fun, I wouldn't mind discussing the big question.

I want to see the science of architecture.
djswan
millennium club

Postby djswan » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:09 pm

I wanted to sign and say thanks again for the replies

Thanks

Derek
djswan
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:23 pm

"I want to see the science of architecture."

Me to but all that arts come in the way.
P.C.
millennium club

the core of the discussion

Postby usarender » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:45 pm

When valid issues and points are brought up and nobody cares to discuss or comment, then one cannot consider there is truly a desire to debate the core issue. To circumvent the issues demonstrates a lack of basis for argument. To ignore the crucial points demonstrates a desire to hide from the truth and hold on to the arguments with no foundation. Science today is terribly flawed. Those we regard as truly knowledgeable in science, history, philosophy or the arts are the ones also guilty of propagating errors, theories that do not stand up in practice, and information that cannot be undeniably contested. Thus, the foundations of our culture and present knowledge are full of holes and water is gushing out in every direction. No amount of patch up will explain every mystery of the universe. So in effect, the choice is to ignore the greatest issues and favor simplistic remarks that are skirting a true debate of greater importance.
usarender
millennium club

Postby djswan » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:39 pm

I hear what you are saying. You got problem at #1, are you sure it starts with a problem? I'm not. Where is cause and effect?
You look up in the sky, sure it looks like a spiritual union, but there is a big black hole in the middle. What is that design for?

Einstein believed in "a perfection". He is out. Thank you Albert for relativity. You should have retired there. It looks like things can be here and there, as random as that can be.

What can a tree tell us?

Newton got gravity from a tree.
Eve got knowledge and a ticket out of eden.
We all have family trees.

Does a tree hold the answers. Or questions?

No spam and egg theories. The egg came first.

Derek
djswan
millennium club

Postby djswan » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:15 pm

P.C. wrote:"I want to see the science of architecture."

Me to but all that arts come in the way.

That pesky art stuff does seem to get in they way of good science. Science is an art too.

I like that word art. This does apear to be all about words and order. We are discussing this in words. That's art too.

Another cool word is act. Could this all be an act?
Actors are artist.
djswan
millennium club

The Power of Universal Perception

Postby usarender » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:33 pm

We ask where the inspiration comes from then proceed to rebut with an economy of words that begs the question then answers with an irrefutable statement?

We live in a world of functional aesthetics.

Now, where is the function in the aesthetics of our form?

It can be seen everywhere.

There is a power and a spirit within us that once unleashed, can never be stopped. The core of this philosophy is that this life-changing experience will ignite your spirit, increase your professional confidence and fulfill your boldest imaginations. As the professional completely responsible for the artistic result, you will gain the knowledge of comprehensive aesthetic, pre existing aesthetics, pre existing intelligence and the material translation into human form.

These skills will give you an increased feeling of confidence and pride.

This brings the need for a critical eye for aesthetic excellence. This eye is able to view the beauty of the intricate world in all it's complexity and see the creative intelligence that drives its form.

There is no statement of problem in this arrangement, as the power of our global sense of place enables us to examine the complexity of the system as a series of inter related equations of perfection, rather then as a statement of a single problem.

There is a function to every form. The whole of existence serves it's purpose. Without this whole, the universe would maintain its state of còmplexity and contradiction.

The laws of physics in clash. Enthropy and chaos leading to different models and equations and different results. Evolution and scientific creationism postulating different roads. Theories of matter and science in conflict. Theories of history in conflict.

This conflict and tension is all around us, revealing the relative nature of all we hold dear and believe to embody ultimate reality.

This reality, thus being shaped from our cognitive experience, bespeaks of a greater reality beyond human comprehension but that even if glimpsed for a nano second, translates our spirit to a new dimension greater then we dare to imagine.
Last edited by usarender on Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
usarender
millennium club

Postby djswan » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:09 pm

I do respect what your saying. I have only recently begun to have fun with words like this. My verbal SAT kept me out of the Ivy League. I'm working on that.

Fun is a the best word. What's a world without fun. No fun,that's what.

I do what I do because it's fun. My form follows fun.

Do trees have fun? Sometimes I ask stuff because I really don't know the answer.

Words arn't the only way to descibe stuff. They say pictures speak a thousand words. Any pics out there to describe some stuff? Sometimes I ask for something.

Is a problem an event?

Maybe an event happened first. Who knows? Sometimes I ask for just to ask.

Answer can be real frightening for some folks. Discussion is fun.

Derek
djswan
millennium club

Next

Return to Architecture Forum