thanks for stoping fight...

Discuss architecture, planning, interiors, landscape, and environmental design related-topics. Moderated by the ArchitectureWeek editorial and support team.

Postby P.C. » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:54 pm

I prefere many styles of architecture, even Gotic.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby The Architect » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:16 pm

Chris Stewart

I would like to see what Wright said about the "how to live in the southwest" house. What features made it specifically adapted to that environment?

Umm, well... there is the bandied about adobe style Pottery house (a.k.a. Burlingham house): http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... %26hl%3Den

But as far as Architecture is concerned, even without Wright as a reference - your point is melodramatic at best.

Take care...
Attachments
Burlingham_ElPaso.jpg
The Architect

Postby SDR » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:37 pm

I wasn't able to find Wright speaking about "How to Live in the Southwest" -- but here he is on the Ocatillo
desert camp:

THE little camp is finished. We love it. The canvas windows and doors of Ocatillo are like ship-sails when open
and may shut against dust or may open part way to deflect the desert breezes into the interiors. Screened
openings for cross ventilation are everywhere at the floor levels, a discovery I made in seeking coolness, to be
used during the heat of the day; closed at night. The long sides of the canvas slopes lie easily with the lines
of the landscape stretching themselves wide open toward the sun in order to aid a little in warming the
interiors in winter. This long canvas roof-side is to have additional cover of canvas, air blowing between the
two sheets, if the camp is ever occupied in summer. We can add this later if we stay on in summer, and make
it "belong."
__________________________________________________________________________________

There doesn't seem to be a Wright desert "type". . .

Image David Wright

ImagePauson

Image Boomer

Image Adelman

Image H P Price

Image Ocatillo

Image Taliesin West
SDR
millennium club

Postby usarender » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:45 pm

Great job guys, in posting the samples on FLW.

Anything that is "classic" will stand the test of time. It does not get old. It only gets more beautiful in the eye of the beholder.
Last edited by usarender on Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
usarender
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:50 pm

Exactly just bad they are 70 years or more old .
P.C.
millennium club

Postby SDR » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:55 pm

Do you mean "too bad" -- an expression meaning "unfortunate" ?

If so, why too bad ? Can't something old have meaning and delight ?

Do I misunderstand ? SDR
SDR
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:06 pm

Oh is is fine that there are old hero's , but look at this usarender who attemt to play multi genious and the emty shells of leaking modern architecture, what's bad is not what you think, --- see in my contry there are plenty famous old hero's , in fact so many that the celebration of them, eat all investment in the future.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:09 pm

You want tallent, and fancy idears ; why didn't you ask usarender for just one small painting -- any multi tallent shuld easily produce that.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:14 pm

Call Chuck Norris and ask if he would line up with this fake.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby usarender » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:16 pm

Let's face it, this guy hates FLW, hates other great minds and now proceeds to attempt to slander me, for no reason. He cannot stand to see other architects producing 3dh similar designs, or that have produced such in the past, without consulting him.... nor can he stand to have architects demonstrate how his "3dh" thing does not work.... and now he claims he is the true artist, and that I am not an artist.... :D What a joke. And that "silver screen" schtuff... well, that is another story..... :lol:
usarender
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:17 pm

Then open your eyes and ask if the furture shal be moisture dreams and jeloux complains where nothing are dekivered, or where exactly the computers that make the future ecomomy and innovation fit with these old pictures.

Call Chuck Norris and ask what to jettison, vain complains or tallented arts.
P.C.
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:19 pm

"and now proceeds to attempt to slander me, for no reason. "
P.C.
millennium club

Postby usarender » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:23 pm

bla bla bla bla PC jargon, copy and paste.....

Anyone who conducts a search on the web, as I have done, will realize there have been many architects who have developed their own beautiful versions of architecture and unique structural visions, without consulting this madman.

They are the truly recognized architects and engineers, who have laid in history a legacy of classic designs that will stand the test of time for their uniqueness, their beauty, their significance and their structural integrity. I have demonstrated, on the other hand, how this "3dh" thing simply does not work. Better to examine the samples on architectural history that I posted and for other internauts to conduct their own web searches and the spider will reveal that it is not unique.
usarender
millennium club

Postby P.C. » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:28 am

Tell me one thing usarender --- why is it this is so important for you ?
P.C.
millennium club

Postby birgco » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:37 am

Tell me one thing usarender --- why is it this is so important for you ?

Just a second...........I"ll take a stab at this one............

in multiple choice format..............

btw........happy new year!

Because.........................

A) You are both a couple of obsessive morons??

B) You both should be back in kindergarten?? well okay...second grade...

C) You both should concentrate on trying not to embarass yourselves anymore............especially as a new years resolution for 2008???

D) You are a mirror image of each other and that's why one can't stand the another???

E) All of the above
birgco

PreviousNext

Return to Architecture Forum