Posted by Max on March 04, 2004 at 17:17:27:
In Reply to: Pro Desktop Express posted by Mark Bryant on September 13, 2003 at 07:09:57:
I understand from your post that you are getting a pop up for
installing "HpSdpAppCoreApp" at startup.
To resolve the issue, I recommend performing the steps mentioned below:
1. Click Start and then Run.
2. In the Open field, type: msconfig
3. Click OK. The System Configuration Utility window opens.
4. Click the General tab and select Selective Startup.
5. Click the Startup tab and remove the checks from any tasks that
do not contribute to the system or are unwanted. If unsure
about a task, write the name down and research it on the
Internet later. Do not remove a check mark if you do not know
what the task is (if possible, do not close Backweb,
MotiveMonitor, and Vshield).
6. Click OK to accept the changes, and then restart the computer.
7. Windows is now running using Selective Startup, which means that
the tasks you selected in the previous steps will not load when
CAUTION: If Windows or other important software stops working
after a checkmark is removed from a task you were unsure
about, start Windows in Safe Mode and replace the
checkmark. To start Windows in Safe Mode, turn the
computer on and when the first screen opens, press F8
ArchitectureWeek Digital Design Tools Department Architecture Search |