[WEC-Coord] draft preliminary proposed core values list...
matthews at artifice.com
Thu Nov 8 17:00:50 PST 2007
As discussed in the Coordinating Committee meeting today, this list from our draft WEC Work Plan (PDF attachment below) will provide a starting point for each of the ""technical task teams"" to fairly quickly work up revised and refined core values lists.
As proposed by our facilitators, those committee-refined lists would then be complied by them and distributed for collective review by the whole WEC at the November 20 main meeting.
Draft Proposed Core Values
Our approach to the West Eugene community design opportunities should uphold the following Core Values:
- We value openness, inclusiveness and transparency in governance that encourages active community participation from diverse viewpoints, carried on in a civil and respectful manner and consistent with the need for timely and efficient decision making.
- We value a community that strives for justice for all and where all have access to food, housing, healthcare, transportation and high quality education.
- We value a strong, vibrant and resilient economy that provides a range of jobs for people with diverse skills, education and interests at various stages of their lives; a community where new generations can grow and prosper without being forced to relocate to find jobs or appropriate homes.
- We value a community where all people and their property are safe.
- We value arts and culture as an expression of our community talents and visions.
- We value the natural community, its rivers, ridgelines, wetlands and species.
- We value created beauty in our homes, buildings and structures.
- We value the protection of our clean water, air, open space and created assets.
- We value transportation systems that are supported by and meet the needs of the community.
- We value getting to a solution, one that is effective, efficient, tangible (as in, something happens) and we value solutions that take the longer-view and will serve multiple generations.
This summary list of proposed core values for West Eugene community planning was included in the WEC Draft Work Plan of June, 2007 (WEC 2007-06-19). It originates from an extended goal setting process conducted by the Jobs and Land Use Roundtable circa 2003.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: WEC Draft Core Values 200706.pdf
Size: 59340 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.designcommunity.com/pipermail/wec_coord/attachments/20071108/de87020a/attachment-0001.pdf
More information about the wec_coord