[WEC-Map] priority GIS data request to the county...
matthews at artifice.com
Tue Mar 11 10:32:16 PDT 2008
1) Here is the top priority list of data needs from Lane County for creating the WEC template maps for the design storming work:
- city limits
- urban growth boundary
- major street names
- bodies of water
- creeks and ditches (all mapped, including class one streams)
- creek names
- ALL categories of wetlands
In addition, it would also be very helpful to have the following data, for extending the baseline condition maps out to Veneta:
- county traffic counts
- county plan designations for zoning
- county map of VMT by production zone
Because I do not have acess to the county GIS layers to request data by file name, these are described in general terms. Since these terms are parallel to other local government GIS data sets, hopefully they will be easy for county staff to interpret.
2) We would appreciate it if you and the City could take responsibility for producing the aerial photo sheets we've defined as part of the design storming reference maps, along these lines:
a) match the extents of the GIS data provided by the city on January 14 and January 18, matching the extents of the baseline conditions maps
(reference: http://www.eugeneneighbors.org/w/images/f/ff/WEC_Map-Environment-Habitats-20080308-01.pdf )
b) use the high resolution of aerial photography available in the City (6", I think?)
c) print three copies, either about 42"X56" OR about 48"X64", and bring these at 1pm on Thursday
Hope that all makes sense. Let me know if there are any questions, and thanks for your help!
WEC Mapping Committee, work in progress...
More information about the wec_map_com