Posted by Aksin Ahmed Siddiqi on July 20, 2003 at 02:30:36:
In Reply to: Manzard posted by Per Corell on May 31, 2003 at 07:20:09:
I am an Architect working in my home country, Bangladesh. I specialize in detailing of structures and apart form being a designer I am the head detailer in my company. Your structure looks interesting. My thesis was designing a low cost village for the fishermen community of Bangladesh who live just beside the sea. I still am working on it to find a better structure for them. Now can you answer my questions that are put below,
1. My country gets exposed to cyclones every year. As my place of interest is fishermen village beside the sea, I have to build a cyclone resistant structure. Can your structure withstand gusty wind of over 300 miles per hour?
2. Can your stucture be 2 storied?
3. What exactly are these structural members? Are these wood, plastic, or are these steel?
4. What is the highest span of making this structure cost effective?
5. Can we extend this structure transversely instead of longitudinally?
Thanks for your time. I have some basic studies of my own and maybe we can share these informations. I am working to make out a sustainable structural system for my country and your information will sure help.
Bye for now
Aksin Ahmed Siddiqi
Puraloy prokaushali Limited
49 Satmasjid Road, Dhanmondi
Tel 880-2-8114500, 880-2-8118714
Free 3D Models