Message - Re: gate

Responses | Students Forum | Architecture Forum | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek

Posted by  Charlie Bravo on November 06, 2002 at 10:58:16:

In Reply to:  gate posted by yashica on November 01, 2002 at 22:29:53:

As far as I know, things in the academic world have changed so much that in order to do a post graduate degree in civil structures at most schools you will need to have taken some civil prerequisites. My Structures professor, Ken Carper, is an amazing man in the field of Structures. He was able to get his five year degree in architecture and then worked for a while, found out that he enjoyed structures much more than design and went back to school and got his degree in civil structures which at the time was very possible because a lot of the classes he was required to take as an undergrad were Engineering classes. He is now the Editor-in-Cheif of the Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, published by the American Society of Civil Engineers.

If you have any questions about how to go about getting into Structural Design, I'm sure he would be happy to help you if you send him an e-mail. His web-page at school is

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Store     Books     Library

Search by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search


Post a Response -




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Responses | DesignWorkshop 3D Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Support | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /students/4889.html