Message - Re: What's the meaning of hi-tech architecture

Responses | Students Forum | Architecture Forum | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek

Posted by  justus on January 15, 2004 at 15:23:56:

In Reply to:  What's the meaning of hi-tech architecture posted by rahi on January 15, 2004 at 15:19:55:

If I'm not mistaken "hi tech" is a particular style of architectural design, as normbeef mentioned heavilly represented in the UK.

Its about making architecture with the latest materials and shapes. This should -ofcourse- be visible from the outside. Lots of glass, steel and complex prefbricated building components. Installations (HVAC) dont neccesarily need to be on the outside, as long as they are state of the art (they must FEEL hi tech).

Hi tech is opposed by lo tech - architecture that makes intelligent use of simple construction techniques and preferably of no installations at all.

grtz, jst

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types & Styles     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Architecture Search   by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search


Post a Response -


Please post continuing discussion to the new DesignCommunity Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

    1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Responses | DesignWorkshop 3D Forum | User Gallery | Architecture Forum | Scrapbook | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /students/9460.html